Virtual Go Girls!
VIRTUAL GO GIRLS!
“I’m sad that Virtual Go Girls! is ending because I won’t have anything to do after school. I don’t have many friends so I was happy to make connections and have people to talk to even if it was just through the screen. I feel confident, happy, excited, and healthier when I’m part of Virtual Go Girls!.”
“Thank you so much for all the work that you did for this program. My daughter had such a great time. The environment was so positive and it made her be true to herself. I am very grateful for the program and your leadership.”
“Thank you for giving me the chance to be involved in this amazing girls club! The quotes and inspirational words really changed my mindset and how I think. The amount of help this girls club gave me is incredible and I just wanna thank all of you for that. Stay safe and positive!”
Step 1: General Information
Virtual Go Girls! is a free group mentoring program for female-identified participants between the ages of 10-15. Facilitated by female-identified Mentors, participants are provided with the opportunity to engage in fun and interactive discussions and activities via Zoom. The program promotes physical activity, balanced eating, self-confidence, and stress management.
Virtual Go Girls! runs once a week for 8 consecutive weeks in groups of 8-10 participants.
The program strives to do the following:
- Offer a network for female-identified participants to feel connected and build positive relationships with fellow participants and the Mentors
- Promote female empowerment by encouraging awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- Provide tools to support physical activity, balanced eating, positive self-esteem, and communication skills
- Offer self-care strategies to promote wellness while reducing stress and anxiety in response to COVID-19
- Encourage independent thinking, leadership skills and positive problem-solving abilities Offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- Provide guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- Above all, make a difference while having fun
Step 2: Requirements
- Mentors must be female identified and approximately 18-30 years old
- Able to commit 1-2 hours a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Able to facilitate at least 2 Virtual Go Girls! programs over the course of 12 months
- Reliable internet access and ability to utilize Zoom
- Not anticipating any major life changes that could impact a match (i.e. moving, change in employment, etc.)
- Able to facilitate and engage a group of children virtually while having fun and building positive relationships
Step 3: How It Works
Please complete the online application form. You will be contacted by a Program Coordinator within 2-3 business days regarding next steps.
We will send an email to confirm we’ve received your application along with a police check letter, your orientation manual, an AODA Training link and an AODA form.
POLICE CHECK & REFERENCES
Police Checks must be returned to our office and references must be completed before an interview can be scheduled.
An agency Program Coordinator will contact you to book a time to complete the Interview.
Your Program Coordinator will provide you with a link for our Pre-Match Training video and quiz following the interview. This can be completed at home at your earliest convenience. You will also be required to attend one of our interactive virtual Developmental Relationship Trainings. Dates will be provided to you for registration.